Sunday 4 April 2021

Shaang Xi Noodles House, Bandar Sunway [Non-Halal]

Recently, I have been really craving some China Chinese food. Especially food around the Shaan Xi province (context: Shaan Xi province is at the Northwest province of China. Heard of the terracotta armies? The terracotta armies were discovered in Shaan Xi Province, in Xi An city) where food is heavier in flavours. Lamb meat is commonly used in their dishes there, and food is often cooked with different types of spices, such as cumin & Szechuan peppercorn. 

Chewy noodles, tossed together with hot chilli oil infused with spice and topped with homey side dishes. 
It might be because I've been spending a lot of time watching videos about street food in Shaan Xi province, or just me yearning to change up my routine/what I usually eat,  but it seems like we won't be able to travel anytime soon, and hence, I've been on the lookout for food places that serves Shaan Xi food. 
A quick Google search led me to Shaang Xi Noodles House at Bandar Sunway. Shaan Xi Noodle House is located right opposite of Sunway College, on the same row as myBurgerLab. Yes, parking there is certainly an issue, especially in the day time on weekdays. 
The interior - bamboo furniture and walls are plastered with different facts about Shaan Xi province. There were big round table that could accommodate a bigger group as well. 


The Menu


The menu is in mandarin, you might need to use Google translate to help decipher the menu if you can't read mandarin, unfortunately. One is required to scan the QR code on the table and submit their orders online to minimise contact with the service staffs.

You may choose the types of noodles (hand-pulled ramen/spinach noodles/Shaang Xi pulled noodles), and the spiciness level when you're ordering. 

Prices are okay - a bowl of noodles is priced between RM10-20, depending on the toppings you choose.
Side note: loving their cutlery sets. Wonder where they got them from. 

The Food 

油泼面 + 番茄鸡蛋 + 炸肉 RM15.90 
(Noodles tossed in chilli oil, topped with egg & tomatoes + minced pork) 
Noodles type: Hand-pulled ramen | Spiciness level: Less spicy

I wanted to order the Shaang Xi noodles but because it was my first time navigating through the online ordering system, I didn't realise that I ordered the hand-pulled ramen, which was the default option. Oh well 

I opted for less spicy because, well you can still salvage it if it's less spicy by adding more chilli, but once you exceed your spiciness threshold, there's no return! 

After giving it a little tossy toss and a sampler, I can conclude that...less spicy stood true to its name :P I added extra chilis, even though my spice tolerance is low. 


The noodles are all made fresh on the day itself and were springy and bouncy, and coated in the fragrant chilli oil The portion was generous, definitely more than what I am used to eating - in the end, I couldn't finish the bowl of noodles, it felt as though the bowl of noodles was bottomless. 

Next time around, I think I might consider either going for just two toppings rather than three or share a bowl of noodles with someone. Taste-wise, it was homey. Love the flavours from the chilli oil, though think I could have gone one step higher on the spiciness level! Would definitely prefer it spicier and "hotter", with more "hot chili oil" fragrance laced with the strong flavours of Szechuan peppercorn

-- 
Would love to be back to try out their Shaan Xi hand-pulled noodles & bump up the spiciness level next time around! 


陕西面馆 ShaanXi Restaurent
51G, Jalan Puteri 2/1,
Bandar Puteri, 47100 Puchong, Selangor

Opening hours:
10am - 9pm daily 


--

Ending Random Blurb:
This is the video that got me really interested to dig deeper about Shaan Xi food btw ;D 
Look at how stretchy the noodles are! And I can smell the (imaginary) aromatics when he poured the scalding hot oil into the bowl of noodles from here! 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top