Saturday 7 December 2013

Dim Sum @ Oriental Pavilion, Jaya 33

When I was young, I despise having dim sum. Reasons being: 1. I am a bread person and eat nothing but bread when I was young. 2. NO AIR COND LOL! So whenever my parents tried to bring our family to our usual dim sum restaurant near my house, I would protest like mad, lock myself in the room & throw a huge tantrum lol. Spoiled kid indeed.

But there is one place I'd go for Dim Sum - Oriental Pavillion @ Jaya 33! Oriental Pavilion is a fully air-conditioned restaurant. They serve awesome egg tarts, and also other non-dim sum dishes such as fish fillet porridge so it successfully won my heart. That was the only dim sum restaurant I would agree to tag along with m family when I was young =p (yes, yes, I am a super spoilled kid)

Thank goodness I grew out from that stage and now, I enjoy dim sum quite a lot. But I still enjoy going to Oriental Pavilion for dim sum if I can. Not because its fully air-conditioned LOL but the quality of the food there
Oriental Pavilion's majestic entrance. The dining area is as big as a school's hall to accommodate its ever increasing patrons.
The hall was buzzing with patrons chit-chating, babies wailings & so on. Good thing we made a booking earlier or we'd had to wait outside for a seat.
Since we reached tehre at 12pm, there was no "cart lady" or "cart man" pushing the cart with dim sums around so we had to order it from the paper :/
Steamed peanuts are served as an appetizer upon ordering.
Mah Lai Goh (Steamed Malay Cake)
The texture of this cake was so soft and moist, it felt as if it is melting in my mouth as I took a bite.
Steamed Siew Mai RM8
Fat, big, juicy & succulent prawns, enclosed in minced meat wrapped with the Siew Mai skin & topped off with some ebiko, this is so far the best Siew Mai I've ever tasted in Malaysia. "The prawns are really so juicy & bursting of flavours" is certainly an understatement. I'm not exaggerating here you have to try it out yourself! ;)
Fish Balls
The fish ball was Q & bouncy! Nice to chew & simply addictive.
Har Gao
There's coriander inside it so I wouldn't take a bite >_>...can't comment on this lol.
Vegetable Dumplings
Don't really know why is this called vegetables dumplings as it aint vegan. Like the Siew Mai, the prawns were juicy & succulent . The prawns were paired up with the spinach & smooth dumpling skins.
Fried Prawns Dumplings
The dumplings were deep fried to perfection, hence the golden crisp skin. The dumplings are not greasy at all despite being deep fried. And once again, the prawns inside were really bouncy & succulent! Dip it in the sweet mayo, you get an combination of tangy, sweet, crunchy & juiciness.
Fried Raddish CakeRM8
The loh bak go here is a little too soft to my liking. It's quite greasy too so I stopped after a bite or two. Love the "wok hei" of this dish though.
Fried Hokkien Mee
Personally, I thought that Ahwa serves better Hokkien Mee but the ones here are pretty decent too. Oriental Pavilion's version has more pork lard, which gives the whole dish a punch & crunch!
Wak Dan Hor
The Hor Fun had a smooth and silky texture its so hard to eat it using a pair of chopsticks lol! Full of wok hei ,crunchy pork lard & juicy prawns, this dish was unanimously voted as the "best dish of the meal".

Overall rating: 7.5/10
The food was good, but there were some hiccups in their service. We were told that the fish porridge was not available, and they kept us waiting for our loh mai kai (glutinous rice chicken) for more than an hour so we had to cancel that order :/ But I would definitely be back for more juicy & succulent prawns! The price is slightly on the steep side, but you pay what you get =)

Sorry for the unavailability of the pricing. This is what happens when you leave your draft blank before you go on a vacation.

Oriental Pavilion
Lot P104, 1st Floor, Jaya 33,
No. 3, Jalan Semangat, Section 13,
46100 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.

Business Hours:
Mondays to Saturdays
11.00 am – 3.00 pm
6.00 pm – 11.00 pm
Sundays & Public Holidays
10.00 am – 3.00 pm
6.00 pm – 11.00 pm

Contact Number: +603-7956 9288
Website: http://www.orientalrestaurants.com.my/

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top