Saturday 3 April 2021

Yeah Cuisine, Ampang [Non-Halal] - Hearty Porky Dishes!

Anyone up for a hearty porky affair? Rice bowls with different porky toppings? 

Chances are, you've come across a video/photo of this place on social media - I remember the porky dishes from this place just being all over my social media feed once upon a time. 
 
Yeah Cuisine is tucked away at the fringe of Ampang, in an area that sort of reminded me of my hometown. The location felt a little odd to me because, despite its close proximity to KL City, it felt as though we were in a village somewhere out of KL.  

This place went viral for a while back in 2018/201, reasons being its affordable price, and back then dine-in customers are entitled to free flow of pork lard. And let me tell you it's not just any pork lard but DIFFERENT FLAVOURED pork lard (have to emphasise it here - because I remember loading my bowl of rice with loads of different flavoured pork lard!). Was hoping that we can still get free flow of pork lard but during my visit recently, the free flow pork lard station is nowhere to be seen :( Oh well, my cholesterol level is probably thankful for that. 

One of their signature dishes is their pork patty, which is available in original flavour, and other flavours such as pickled veggies, salted fish, dried squids and so on. You may opt to have it with rice or noodles as well. 
From their Facebook page
You may browse their full menu with the prices on their Facebook page

The Food

Pork Patty Rice RM9.90 (Original)
Rice served with pork patty, pork lard, minced pork & leafy greens
This dish has a really homey feel to it :) I thought that the portion is pretty decent for the price. I initially thought I wouldn't be able to finish the whole thing but I did in the end because I love how flavourful the minced pork was. I find that the pork patty was a little on the chewy/tough side though, would prefer if it's more tender -- think I'd go for the flavoured one next time as I find it a little too bland
Nasi Lemak x3 Non Halal RM15.90
Nasi Lemak served with sambal pork lard, curry pork skin & pork rendang. x3 Non-Halal because it is served with three different kind of pork! 

The Nasi Lemak is a recent new addition to Yeah Cuisine menu. This definitely was the star dish of the night, it made the Pork Patty Rice feel so pale in comparison :p But simply because the porky dishes served with the nasi lemak is ladened with spice. I absolutely loved the pork rendang & sambal pork lard! Though be warned, the sambal pork lard can be a little spicy for some. I am not really a fan of pork skin curry so I can't comment much about it.

--

If you love a porky affair, you'd want to consider giving this place a try if you're around the area :) This is one place that I would want to come back for more. 


Yeah Cuisine
No. 53, Jalan Awan, Kuala Ampang, 
68000 Ampang, Selangor

Opening Hours: 
11am - 8pm daily

Facebook page: Yeah Cuisine


No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top