Sunday 22 November 2020

Nasi Lemak Babi @ Tok Pork, Yum Mee Place @ Plaza Batai, Bukit Damansara [Non-Halal]

 NASI LEMAK, or 'FATTY RICE'. Malaysia's staple food. You can have it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, or supper. 

Honestly, Nasi Lemak is great. The rice is cooked with coconut milk which, gosh it's darn sinful, but so flavourful and rich. Served with rich sambal which gives it a spicy kick. And toss in some crunch + savouriness with the anchovies & roasted peanuts. 

It's great already on its own. But even BETTER, when served with my favourite meat. PORK. Lots of pork. Yumms.  

And I felt like I hit a jackpot when I somehow chanced upon Tok Pork on social media....because they serve...

Some really good Nasi Lemak Babi (Pork)

NASI LEMAK. With pork. Lots of pork. The nasi lemak above looks all over the place cause I dropped both the Tupperware out of excitement. And also cause my bag broke. Think my bag was excited too. Whoopsie. But this Nasi Lemak truly packed a punch - with all dem pork. And I feel the price was reasonable too. A Nasi Lemak Babi from Tok Pork costs....

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

*Ba dump tssss*

RM10.

Which I feel, is honestly reasonable. Given the amount of pork that was served. And its location. (Meals below RM10 with a decent meat portion in KL, I find, is honestly a gem)

Anyway without further ado, let me present to you the location of this legendary Nasi Lemak

The Location

Thsi legendary Nasi Lemak is actually from a little hawker stall at The-Yum-Me-Place @ Plaza Batai, Damansara Height. 

I was a little surprised when I found out their location. I've always thought Plaza Batai as an exclusive cafe/atas (high end) restaurant place - never knew that there is a hawker food place there! If you're familiar with Plaza Batai, The-Yum-Me-Place is located at the same row of The Wicket Pancake Parlour, but at the opposite end of it. 

The annoying thing about Plaza Batai is that the parking - it's RM2 per hour, and there's no grace period. So even if you're there for 10 minutes for a quick take-away you'll still have to pay the RM2 parking fees. Bummer. But oh well typical KL parking. 

On the bright side, finding a parking there usually isn't a problem. 

This place seems pretty popular with the office crowd (after all, there are many many offices around Damansara Heights). There were plenty of hawker staples (Eg: Char Koay Teow, Pork noodles etc) that honestly looks good, but I was there with an aim in my mind - TOK PORK.
Tok Pork is the first/second (can't remember) stall on your right when you enter the premise. Menu is just a one-pager. Nasi Lemak. Add-ons. Nasi Lemak. 
AND BEST OF ALL. PORK. 

The condiments/meat was prepped on the spot upon ordering. The man manning the stall chopped up the meat. Gave it a nice of torch. Assembled it. All upon ordering.

And cuz it's CMCO and COVID season I had it take-away. 

No delivery?

UNFORTUNATELY yep Tok Pork is not on any delivery platform now :( They used to do delivery around the vicinity nearby, but not as of the time of this writing (Nov 2020).

So yes, gotta pay for that parking fee for my Tok Pork. But anyhow, let's move on to the food.

The Food

Tok Pork Nasi Lemak. I came back less than a week after my first visit because it was GOOD. 

Each nasi lemak pack contains, well, rice (duh), half-boiled egg, potato curry, fried curly potatoes (see the crispy thingy?), roasted/torched pork, sambal, anchovies, peanuts, and slices of cucumber.

But golly gosh, it is good. The addition of the fried curly potatoes I feel was amazing - it was an unexpected extra crunch. 

Goodbye, diet. Thank goodness my office isn't around that area or I'll be having it quite often :p Nasi Lemak's great. But yes, with pork, it's always better.

Tok Pork @ The-Yum-Me-Place
 7, Jalan Batai, 
Bukit Damansara, 
50490 Kuala Lumpur

Instagram: @tokpork

Business Hours:
Mondays to Saturadays, 8am - 2pm
Closed on Sundays

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top