Sunday 1 November 2020

Monthly Goal Review: October

 My oh my the year is about to end. And I remember talking about goals with my friends in a pub at the start of this year, back in January. Two more months before 2020 ends eh...



1. Be comfortable on my own

Will be noting down what I did + my feelings every weekend just to track if there are any factors that'd contribute to me feeling FOMO

Week 1's weekend: self quarantined me because I had a fever for four consecutive days. Was happily being left alone to read my book 

Week 2's weekend: spent time with a friend, binge-watching movies

Week 3's weekend: Baked a cake, went to a nursery, did some major repotting for my plants, baked more cake (that failed miserably), made pumpkin soup. Read a lot.

Week 4's weekend: Had to work so that's good, spent time baking and learning about baking

Week 5's weekend: Worked over the weekend and had a watch party!

Didn't really had a chance to feel FOMO despite being in MCO, since I filled up my weekends with activities. 


2. Buy only clothes that are listed on my long-term planning wishlist

Clothes on my long-term planning wishlist now: denim skirt

DID NOT BUY ANY CLOTHES FOR THE MONTH OF OCTOBER WOOHOO (it's a huge improvement compared to September - where I felt as though I've spent a ruthless amount of money on clothes. But then again I wasn't compelled to spend on clothes because we are in lockdown)


3. Initiate at least one event per month

WELLL it's lockdown again. I know I could initiate online events. But. I'm honestly. Feeling tired. Did not achieve this goal for the month of October. Something to be more conscious about next month.


4. Read at least two books per month

Radical Candor by Kim Malone Scott

The Flatshare by Beth O' Leary

The God of Small Things by Arundathi Roy

Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden

5. Doing a monthly review of my goals

On it!

6. Do a monthly/weekly review of my spending

Baking Expenses RM117

Well, I'm baking a lot...if I take into account electricity bill...D: 

Alcohol RM70 

Bought two bottles of wine - that's...not too bad. I think.



Lap Desk RM50

This is honestly one of the best purchases ever! Been contemplating whether to get one since January this year. I not only can use it on bed, but alas to improve my posture using my laptop while sitting down at my desk! 

Gardening Expenses: RM21 (potting soil and moss pole), featt. my burnt Monstera plant..

Masak-Masak/Grocery Expenses: RM200

Been cooking a lot and trying out new recipes this month. 

No regrets for this month's expenses! Spent more on my hobbies (Baking, cooking and gardening) this month due to the lockdown. Feel proud of myself for not buying any clothes this month phew


7. Carry a notebook and pen wherever I go and jot down notes systematically

Slowly making this a habit in the morning :) Establishing a morning routine before work to listen to podcasts and jot down some useful pointers/notes!  


8. Try out something new each week

Week 1: Pistachio cake with lemon drizzle

Week 2: N/A

Didn't try anything new as I was a little..busy. But I compensated it after that...scroll on. 


Week 3: Peanut Butter and Chocolate Chunks Bar

Also in week 3: Minestrone soup, a pineapple and coconut cake that failed miserably as I mixed the pineapples with dairy, which apparently results in a bitter-tasting cake due to the enzyme reaction by the pineapple and dairy products, which releases some bitter-tasting protein :(

Roasted Pumpkn Soup
Week 4: Roasted Pumpkin Soup

Buttermilk Chicken
Blueberry Streusel Loaf

Also in week 4: Buttermilk Chicken and Blueberry Streusel Loaf


Week 5: Bagel again! And flourless orange almond cake! 


Practiced making bagels and pumpkin soup over week 5! Tried boiling the bagels in water + honey this time round and taking the bagels out from the oven earlier to reduce the browning! 
My flourless orange almond cake! Didn't get the texture right I feel :( the cake was way too wet. 
But anyhow, writing this made me realise gosh, I did bake a lot in the month of October...But is it just me or October just felt...really long.


9. Write more at least 100 words per day (not including what I write at work)

10. Log down news article I've read and jot down my thoughts about it, ie reading with purpose.

11. Curate at least two content on @pot_tosynthesis every week (Stories/Post)

12. Set at least two little goals every day


I am getting more consistent with 11 and 12 for this month! Hoping to remain consistent throughout November too


1 comment :

  1. Slot video games may be set up with varied levels of volatility. The volatility is used to 1xbet explain the risk of dropping a guess. Thus, the developer can modify slot game logic for three primary forms of volatility. Games that embrace progressives or prominently displayed prizes that serve as a call to motion for gamers. Titles that provide a recent, new-to-the market function, performance or kind issue, offering the player a brand new} experience.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top