Sunday 2 August 2020

The Lord's Cafe, Tanah Rata, Cameron Highlands (Second Visit)

I once wrote about The Lord's Cafe back in 2014 if you're interested to read it :)

The Lord's Cafe has always been a "Cameron Highland's" staple to me.  It has been around for years and I've never failed to visit it whenever I'm at Cameron Highland. I recently visited Cameron Highlands, and dropped by The Lord's Cafe again, after about four years since my last visit!

The Lord's Cafe is located above Marybrown in the "main streets" of Tanah Rata. There's a large parking space located right opposite the row shops here so you needn't worry about parking unless you're here on an extremely busy weekend!




The interior didn't change much since my last visit four years ago :) Rattan chairs, rattan trinkets, travelers books that have changed hand multiple times sitting on the book rack. This cafe is often quiet and peaceful - with the occasional burst of laughter from the other tables and the roaring of engines from the main road.

This is my favourite spot, even after all those years. :)
The Lord's Cafe is a self-service cafe - you have to take the menu and a piece of paper + pen/pencil to your seat to write down the order, and pay for + collect your order at the counter yourself.

I was surprised that the price didn't change much compared to four years ago! Prices were pretty affordable as you can see on the menu :) 
Cream Scone RM2.80 & Passionfruit Tea RM3.00

Banana Chocolate Cake RM3.20 & Chicken Pie RM4.20

The selling point of this place is definitely its pricepoint - it is hard to find a cafe with food and drinks priced below RM5 nowadays. The food to me tasted homey - it isn't mind-blowingly great, but I like it - I loved the simplicity of the food. I loved the homey environment. 
The Lord's Cafe is definitely a lovely place for you to unwind and relax while having some scones and tea :) Do note that they are closed on Sundays so do plan your visit!

The Lord's Cafe
No.4, 1st Floor, Main Road,
39000 Tanah Rata,
Cameron Highland, Pahang.

Contact Number: 019-572 2883

Opening Hours:
Monday-Saturday 10am-6pm (Closed on Sundays)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top