Wednesday 11 October 2017

Sin Kok Thye (New Cathay) Hailam Kopitiam, Klang

I have been rather drawn towards Hainanese food recently, especially after my meal at Sun Sun Nam Cheong at Kuala Kubu Baru - hence the food hunt across Selangor in search if the best Hainanese food to curb my cravings.

Sin Kok Thye/Cathay in Klang showed up on my radar and I decided to check it out on one Saturday morning (would prefer going out on Sunday mornings but Cathay is closed on Sundays).


 Cathay Hailam Kopitiam is located in Port Klang, on the corner lot of a row of pre-war shoplots, below a flyover where the thundering and rumbling sound of lorries and trucks passing by is imminent.
The usual Hailam food suspects, scribbled on their old-school style menu.
Roti Bakar with Butter/Margarine & Kaya
What is a kopitiam without Kaya Butter Toast? The Kaya Butter Toast here is unbelievable...
Just look at the amount of butter. So sinful, I know. But so good!
Fish Chop (RM12, Front) & Chicken Chop (RM10, Back)

Apologies for not having a clearer photo. The fish chop was okay, glad that it didn't had a strong "fishy" smell. I love the portion of the chicken chop & fish chop here! Despite the affordable price tag, Cathay clearly didn't skimp on the portion size. Me likey. And I really liked the fact that the wedges was made out of real potatoes, not frozen fries. The gravy was a tomato-based gravy which was on the sweet side. Personally, I prefer the savoury gravy served at Yut Kee or Sun Sun Nam Cheong.

All in all, I enjoyed my meal at New Cathay, and am really pleased with the portion size there :p. Would definitely be back, and now it is time to hunt for more Hainanese food!


Sin Kok Thye (New Cathay) Hailam Kopitiam
23, Jalan Kem,
Port Klang, Selangor, Malaysia.


Business Hours:
Monday-Saturday: 6.30am – 6.00pm.
Closed on Sundays

No comments :

Post a Comment

Back to Top